Additional Fees
Interest Rate

I bought two $50 gift cards for Christmas gifts.When I gave the first one away, the individual I gave it to gave it back to me telling me it did not work.

I called the company on December 26, 2017 and was asked to send a copy of the front of the card and the receipt. It took about an hour to get through that call. I was then called by Vanilla Mastercard on December 27, 2017 and asked to send a copy of my driver's license. In my opinion this is an unusual request since I was not asked to do the same when I bought the card.

That said, I took a picture of my driver's license and emailed that in. I then called the company on December 28, 2017 and was told the card was activated. WRONG! So here I sit on January 2, 2018 after having spent another hour on the phone with Vanilla Mastercard I have now been told that they activated a different card.

In other words someone I don't even know has had my $50 added to their card balance. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO SOMEONE.

I now have to go buy another gift card for my nephew.Thanks Vanilla Mastercard for ruining a kid's Christmas.

Review about: Vanilla Mastercard Gift Card.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments