26.4K views

I purchased a prepaid Vanilla MasterCard from Shoppers Drug Mart. As I wish to use it on-line, I went to the vanilla website to register my postal code. The available balance of my card appears to be correct, but when I attempt to enter my postal code on the vanilla website, in order to register it for on-line purchases, the error "invalid postal code" appears.

I have tried the correct format and capitalization, as well as with small letters with and without the space. I have also tried other postal codes, and even a US zip code, but all produce the same error. I even tried using a different browser and a different device, and still encounter the same problem. I'm not willing to wait on the phone for hours (as others have reported), only to be given the run-around.

Lesson Learned: DON'T BUY VANILLA CARDS. Use a different provider for your pre-paid credit.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vanilla Mastercard Website.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Comments

#1932714

There's definitely something wrong with you people... You're all a bunch of thieves...

#1903775

I have the same problem, I used visa cards all my life and that one time I use this it doesn't work. Great.

True

I as well have found out the same thing. I just got off the phone with a customer service agent and was pretty much told I was doing something wrong....I'm sitting on a useless piece of plastic

Il faut saisir le code postal dans le format suivant en majuscule: A2A B3B

@PissedConsumer1867025

merci, ceci a fonctionné

#1919795
@PissedConsumer1867025

merci sa la marcher

I missed out on a $1200.00 phone for less than half retail price becauae of this stupid *** error. Will I see anything other than a form-letter type not-an-apology that just says "we're sorry youre experience wasmt perfect"

Will not allow to use Canada Postal Code. Only Zip Codes.

Zelda

Same experience

Just got Canadian Postal code entered with all caps and space, like A2A 1B2

@PissedConsumer1845777

Thanks! Putting the space and adding it in capital letters fixed it for Canada!

@PissedConsumer1848025

#1921158
@PissedConsumer1845777

Thanks man

wish I would have read this B4 I purchased my card as am having the same problems

All caps with the space in between the first three digits

@PissedConsumer1835439

All caps with a space between the third and fourth characters and it works

I had the same error. Entered my postal code with All caps and it worked

You have to have a space like s5k 3m4

@PissedConsumer1800365

It actually *** worked! No Joke for Serious.

Vanilla Mastercard Reviews