13.8K views 33 comments

I purchased a prepaid Vanilla MasterCard from Shoppers Drug Mart. As I wish to use it on-line, I went to the vanilla website to register my postal code. The available balance of my card appears to be correct, but when I attempt to enter my postal code on the vanilla website, in order to register it for on-line purchases, the error "invalid postal code" appears.

I have tried the correct format and capitalization, as well as with small letters with and without the space. I have also tried other postal codes, and even a US zip code, but all produce the same error. I even tried using a different browser and a different device, and still encounter the same problem. I'm not willing to wait on the phone for hours (as others have reported), only to be given the run-around.

Lesson Learned: DON'T BUY VANILLA CARDS. Use a different provider for your pre-paid credit.

Review about: Vanilla Mastercard Website.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Had an Experience with Vanilla Mastercard?

Comments

i hate vanilla cards now

oh no

Surrey, British Columbia, Canada #1273055

Same thing going on with me

Scarborough, Ontario, Canada #1269911

Well, that's helpful

*eyes roll*

I don't buy them anymore. The charges are outrageous for one thing, and they rarely work online as well.

Eva Fleury

evafleury@yahoo.ca

Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada #1223531

Same thing happen to me, because you were using a wrong website and most probably you were checking your postal code on the other website so it kept logging you out .All you have to do is to visit original Vanilla Master Card website I will link the website below , Enjoy :) there is always solution you gotta be smart !

So here you go .... wait read some more lol read read read Good ?! You were really curious you could fix this ?!

Yes !https://www.vanillaprepaid.com/VanillaPrepaid/home.html?csrfToken=FeUGFkzc8zU0bYk6T3FA2gjUWNG2I8iZ

JUST COPY PASTE PLEASE

##YOUR WELCOME ##

Thankful1
to Anonymous Trenton, Ontario, Canada #1261603

The above link provided by Anonymous SOLVED EVERYTHING!when i copied the link, it looked the EXACT same as the site the back of my vanilla gift-card linked me to (the one that will not allow me to register).

But when i tried to register on the link from Anon, it WORKED!

then i looked carefully; the two sites LOOK the exact same, but are in fact 2 different addresses (many different numbers and symbols at the end of the full address)

This is an absurd joke of a solution (if i'm looking at VISA vanilla as a business model), but I muse praise Anonymous for this surprising solution. Believe me when i Say my vanilla card would NOT allow me to register a postal code....I tried everything and some other stuff; this simple clone (original?) of the vanilla gift-card site solved it instantly....amazing.

Oh; I have had nothing but grief with Vanilla VISA; avoid these cards if you want them for online shopping (from what I've read and heard, you should just avoid them flat-out and complain to anyone who may have something to do with vanilla VISA).Due to utterly inept implementation or maintenance--whatever the issue is--these cards are trouble.

to Anonymous Mississauga, Ontario, Canada #1263964

still not working

ckit
to Anonymous #1270023

Yeah still not working for me urghh

Rochester, New York, United States #1220909

I was giving this card as a gift from someone in canAda and I live in ny and this postal code keep saying invaled is pissng me off.and that vanillagift.Com not coming up only as an error -.- smh I want it to work already and I tried everything

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #1219854

I had a similar problem, which I solved by registering my card on a different Vanilla site than the one listed on the card.I bought a Vanilla Mastercard gift card, which told me to register it at vanillamastercard.com.

I had the same problem there that you describe.After some poking around I finally went to vanillagift.com which worked fine.