32.1K views

I purchased a prepaid Vanilla MasterCard from Shoppers Drug Mart. As I wish to use it on-line, I went to the vanilla website to register my postal code. The available balance of my card appears to be correct, but when I attempt to enter my postal code on the vanilla website, in order to register it for on-line purchases, the error "invalid postal code" appears.

I have tried the correct format and capitalization, as well as with small letters with and without the space. I have also tried other postal codes, and even a US zip code, but all produce the same error. I even tried using a different browser and a different device, and still encounter the same problem. I'm not willing to wait on the phone for hours (as others have reported), only to be given the run-around.

Lesson Learned: DON'T BUY VANILLA CARDS. Use a different provider for your pre-paid credit.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Comments

@PissedConsumer1165908

Same problem happening to me today..June 30, 2016

@PissedConsumer1179820

Same here July 23,2016

same problem worked a dozen times before until now

@PissedConsumer1165746

had same issue, but went to vanillaprepaid.com instead and was no issue at all getting postal code entered. i've used these on / off for about 2 yrs... never had a problem at all.

Vanilla Mastercard Reviews